30 Years of Criminal Defense Experience in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Our society’s views toward marijuana use are changing; just look at the recent popular vote in Colorado, which legalized recreational drug use in that state. But despite changing attitudes, serious legal consequences remain in most state following a conviction. Some of the charges and their accompanying penalties in Pennsylvania are:
- Up to 30 days incarceration and $500 in fines for possession of 30 grams or less
- Up to one year incarceration and $5,000 in fines for possession of more than 30 grams
- Up to 30 days incarceration and $500 in fines for distributing 30 grams or less
- One to three years incarceration and $5,000-$25,000 in fines for distributing under 1,000 pounds
- Up to 10 years incarceration and $100,000 in fines for distributing more than 1,000 pounds
Penalties increase greatly on multiple offenses and for many offenses involving a minor.
If you face marijuana-related criminal charges in Pennsylvania, contact The Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss, Jr. at 610-565-0240. Each member of our two-member attorney team is a former prosecutor. And, importantly, we have a combined three decades of legal experience in Pennsylvania, as well as in New Jersey.
Our experience and inside knowledge of criminal proceedings means we can quickly evaluate the merits of your case and provide strategic counsel regarding the advisability of fighting your charges in trial or pursuing a plea bargain. In hundreds of drug crime cases we have successfully had charges significantly reduced or dismissed.
Criminal charges are daunting but, with our help, you can obtain a best-possible outcome. To learn more about our firm and to discuss your Pennsylvania or New Jersey drug case, contact The Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss, Jr. by calling 610-565-0240.