What If My Employer Doesn’t Have Workers’ Comp Insurance?

What If My Employer Doesn’t Have Workers’ Comp Insurance?

By law in Pennsylvania, most employers must provide workers’ compensation insurance for their workers. However, some employers do not fulfill this obligation. It is possible to review the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry Website to discern whether your employer does have valid workers compensation insurance.

If your employer does not have workers comp insurance and you have suffered serious injury, there is such a thing as the Uninsured Employer Guaranty Fund, which may perhaps be of service in a situation like yours.

You must apply for benefits from this fund within 45 days from the time that you learned your employer does not have workers compensation insurance to file a claim. Additionally, you must inform your employer of your accident and injury at work by filing an accident report with your company within 120 days of your work accident.

Additional requirements include:

Filing the claim with the Department of Labor and Industry in Pennsylvania to request payment from the Fund and to file a “notice of claim” against the employer who is not insured.

Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Attorney in Media, PA: (610) 565-0240

If you experienced serious injury on the job in an accident and your employer has no workers compensation insurance, we can help you navigate the paperwork and bureaucracy of the Uninsured Employer Guaranty Fund and the Workers’ Compensation system, while you focus on your physical recovery and adjustment to life after a serious injury.

The Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss, Jr. and Alyssa K. Poole, in Media, Pennsylvania, can help.

Here, you will find attorneys experienced in protecting the rights of the injured. To discuss your concerns in a free initial consultation that is confidential, please contact us at (610) 565-0240 or email us.

We represent clients dealing with workers’ compensation matters and issues relating to the Guarantee Fund. We also represent clients involved in personal injury claims, divorce and family law matters, and criminal defense cases throughout Springfield, Chester, Upper Darby, Ridley Park, Newtown Square, and Havertown, PA.

Our Practice Focus