Modifications of a Divorce Decree

Pennsylvania Divorce Modification Lawyers

Requests for Modification of Custody, Visitation or Support | Requests to Move Away | Changes in Circumstances

One of the inevitable factors of life is change. You may have put together a parenting plan or custody and visitation arrangements that work extremely well only to have one parent face changes at work, promotion opportunities or a request for transfer. Your child’s needs may change to the extent that the current agreement is no longer effective. You can petition the court to modify a final divorce decree, but you want experienced legal counsel to make certain your rights are protected. The Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss Jr. can help.

At the Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss Jr., in Media, our attorneys have more than 30 years of experience representing men and women throughout Delaware County and the surrounding communities in eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Attorney Alyssa K. Poole manages our family law practice, working with men and women at any stage of a divorce or family law matter. We know that divorce brings a flood of emotions and that the personal issues involved can make it difficult to know what is in your best interests. Our lawyers will listen carefully to the details of your case and will provide thorough and timely answers to your questions.

We offer a reduced-fee consultation in all family law matters. Contact our office by e-mail or call us at, (610) 565-0240 to schedule an appointment.

Our Divorce Modification Practice

We represent either party in proceedings to amend a final divorce order, handling cases involving all types of requests, including:

  • Motions by a custodial or noncustodial parent to modify custody or visitation orders to accommodate a request to move to another part of the state or country, whether for a job, a promotion or to be closer to family
  • Petitions to change visitation schedules because of changes in the health, employment or other conditions of either parent
  • Requests to modify support orders due to changes in the financial needs of the child, or changes in the income or employment status of either parent
  • Petitions to amend custody or visitation arrangements because of the special needs of the child

We will help you gather all information necessary to help the court make a decision in your favor, and will prepare and file all documentation necessary to seek and obtain modification of your divorce decree. We will also be your advocate in all hearings or proceedings.

Contact Us

To set up a confidential meeting, contact our office by e-mail or call our office at (610) 565-0240. We will set up an evening or weekend appointment upon request. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover, including debit cards. There is a reduced fee for your first consultation.

Our Practice Focus