Arriving at the “value” of an injury in a personal injury claim involves evaluating a number of factors, some of them easily measurable, and others nearly impossible to quantify.
For example, how does one put a number on pain and suffering? In cases involving soft tissue injury, for example, the injury will not show up on an MRI or X-ray, and yet, soft tissue injuries, if untreated, and even when treated, can cause trouble to a person for the rest of his or her life. The evaluating that an attorney does truly is more of an art than a science.
There is a complex interplay among factors like these that will ultimately help a knowledgeable attorney place a “value” on an injury, including:
- Severity of the injury
- Anticipation of future medical treatment with severe and permanent injuries
- Anticipation of medical breakthroughs in future that may help resolve problems in the future
- The age and health of the person involved
- Marital and family status of the injured person
- Work history of the injured person, including missed work for accident injury treatment
- Potential work and/or educational history of the injured person and how earnings potential has been compromised
- Evidence of pain and suffering
- Evidence from witnesses
- Medical bills so far
- Who was at fault in the crash – all sources of liability
- Amount of insurance available for the injured person
Personal Injury Attorney in Media, PA: (610) 565-0240
If you were injured in an accident caused by negligence on the part of another, you have rights to seek compensation that will help cover your costs for medical treatment, lost wages, lost material items, and other damages. The Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss, Jr., in Media, Pennsylvania, can help.
Here, you will find attorneys experienced in protecting the rights of the injured. To discuss your concerns in a free initial consultation that is confidential with an experienced personal injury and wrongful death attorney, please contact the (610) 565-0240 or email us.
We represent clients going through personal injury issues, and we also handle cases involving criminal defense and family law throughout Springfield, Chester, Upper Darby, Ridley Park, Newtown Square, and Havertown, PA.