Civil Rights

Media, PA Civil Rights Lawyer

Civil Rights Violations | Hate Crimes | Law Enforcement Misconduct

Picture of man being arrestedIf you or a loved one has been the victim of police brutality you want an experienced and aggressive attorney to fight back and achieve justice for the wronged individual. At the Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss, Jr., P.L.L.C., located in Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania our experienced civil rights attorneys are committed to achieving justice for people who have had their rights violated. Whether you are seeking damages for the wrongful death of a loved one or need help bringing suit against law enforcement for police misconduct; we will provide you with a voice backed by our quality representation.

Types of Civil Rights Violations:

Civil rights violations involve the use or threat of force such as when the police physically abuse you or threaten to physically abuse you, including but not limited to, excessive force such as deadly force in the case of a shooting; search you or your home unlawfully, without legal justification or arrest you and incarcerate you without legal justification.

When it comes to your civil rights, there is no room for compromise. Contact us today to schedule a free initial case evaluation. We welcome attorney referrals! Serving Media, Springfield, Chester, Upper Darby, Ridley Park, Newtown Square, & Havertown, PA.

Frequently asked questions:

  1. Q: What do I do if my civil rights have been violated?

    A: Contact an attorney. Call the Law Offices of John E. Kusturiss, Jr., P.L.L.C., for a free consultation to discuss your situation.

  2. Q: What kind of a monetary recovery am I entitled to?

    A: While every case is different, as a rule you are entitled to reimbursement for out-of-pocket costs such as medical care, wage loss, and any other legitimate expense caused by the Defendant’s actions. In addition, you may also be entitled to emotional damages as well as consequential damages that are awarded by a jury. Please contact us today to make an appointment to discuss your damages further.

  3. Q: Do I have to pay anything to file a civil rights complaint?

    A: No. Do to the serious nature of these cases the government has, by statute, deemed that part of a civil rights claim is for attorney’s fees that is paid for by the offending party. At the Law Office of John E. Kusturiss, Jr., P.L.L.C. we work on a contingent fee basis or collect our fee directly from the Defendant. What this means for you is that there are no out-of-pocket fees and we do not get paid unless we recover money for you!

Contact Our Office

To schedule an appointment with an experienced Delaware County Civil Rights attorney, contact us online or call us at (610) 565-0240. Your first consultation is free of charge. We are available evenings and weekends upon request. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover, including debit cards.

Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Debit Cards accepted. Evening and weekend appointments can be arranged.

Our Practice Focus